The experience of reading a real book, recreated on the iPhone.
Everyone is looking for the perfect reading app for the iPhone. Now GizReader technology is here. Lovingly hand-crafted, GizReader was created by and for devoted book readers.
GizReader powers A Masterpiece Collection, a growing selection of some of the world’s greatest books.
Tap to launch, and the app highlights the book you were reading most recently. Tap on that, and you are transported to the page you last left. Snatch a quick read on the bus or train, or until your friend turns up for coffee.
Typography in A Masterpiece Collection is beautiful, offering the quality of a book while looking right at home on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Every book’s formatting has been scrutinised and polished. And (something you can’t do with a real book) you can select a text size to suit your eyesight.
Pages ‘turn’ in a gorgeously realistic way, following your finger. (Alternatively, you can tap or swipe to turn pages instantly. And you can switch the page turn sound off or on.)
Tap on the table of contents button to navigate.
Tap on the book list button to choose your next book.
Some of the great books included in
A Masterpiece Collection:
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Lost World, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Around the World in 80 Days, by Jules Verne
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Count of Monte Cristo and The Man in the Iron Mask, by Alexandre Dumas, père
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Stories, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, and Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens
- Dracula, by Bram Stoker
- Emma, Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
- The Garden Party and Other Stories, by Katherine Mansfield
- Gulliver’s Travels, by Jonathan Swift
- The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde
- The Invisible Man and The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
- The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- Moby Dick, by Herman Melville
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles, by Agatha Christie (US version only)
- North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Prisoner of Zenda, by Anthony Hope
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Red Badge of Courage, by Stephen Crane
- Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare
- Tarzan of the Apes and The Return of Tarzan, by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- My Brilliant Career, by Miles Franklin (Australasian version only)
- The Drover’s wife and other stories, by Henry Lawson (Australasian version only)
More to come!
To enquire about any of our apps, please